Saturday, November 5, 2011

A very special Roger Rabbit day

In an earlier post I wrote about the lack of updates on Toontown Antics, mainly because there aren’t a lot of news and info about Roger Rabbit out there. I apologized because I want to keep this blog up and running, but without info, images or valuable bits of trivia is almost impossible.

Then, thanks to Roger himself I suddenly remembered why I created this blog a couple of years ago.

Out of nowhere, I found a very clean, mint talking Roger Rabbit doll: so mint it looks like new! (and still talks great)

talkingroger

I was so thrilled about this find, that I remembered how I felt the same way when I got my first Roger Rabbit doll, almost 5 years ago. It was the same emotion, the same happiness, the same “oh-my-gosh-i-can’t-believe-i-got-it” feeling I got in that time… When I actually needed a reason to smile.

Then, I got another find: a new copy of “Who Framed Roger Rabbit” since mine is a little worn-out (you know: I watched that movie dozens of times, and I can’t get tired of it).

roger_rabbit_dvd

Finally, at home, my friend Alex surprised me with a “new” Roger Rabbit illustration which I shared with all of you fellas.

And after all those neat finds, I remembered why I created Toontown Antics: because I wanted to share those neat emotions with all Roger Rabbit fans. Because I needed to share all my knowledge and points of view about Roger and his friends (and foes). Because I had hopes this blog would become a common place for fans of the movie and its characters, or fans of traditional animation as well. And of course: because I love Roger Rabbit <3

Today was my very special Roger Rabbit day. And thanks to that, Toontown Antics gets another chance =3

No comments: