Tuesday, March 17, 2009

An old friend’s comeback

Once upon a time, I bought online a very worn out Roger Rabbit plush doll. He looked OK in the pictures, so I purchased it. When I got him one month after (since the seller sent him to me thru regular mail, instead of using a fast delivery service), he wasn’t so good looking at all. Roger was a little damaged and perhaps some child played lots with him, but what really caught my attention about him was his smile. His beautiful, cheery smile. I fell in love of him immediately.

Half year ago, I was very annoyed since I had some argument with one of my co-workers, and when I arrived home the first thing I saw was that smiling Roger doll. I couldn’t stand his sweet smile, so I threw him to the floor, stepped hard on him several times, kicked him and finally I torn him apart in several pieces. When I realized what have I done, it was too late: he was “dead”. I picked up all the pieces and threw them inside a plastic bag, for discarding that poor plushie doll later. But I never did. I kept all the pieces.

Yesterday I decided it was time to bring back my old, severed friend from “death”. With my poor sewing skills (and lots of glue, by the way) I gave him another chance to live:

I hadn’t the heart for taking pictures of him before the process. But he was really torn apart: his head, his ears, his arms, his legs and torso, and his clothes were absolutely destroyed. But he was still smiling. Maybe that was the reason that lead me to reconstruct him. I made a little comparative about how he looked before the incident, and how does he look now:

Of course, I am not proud of what I’ve done in the past. In fact, I had a lot of regrets for destroying this little smiling doll. But I hope this help to heal all those wounds and leaving the past where it belongs. Because, after all, Roger still has that sweet smile I love =3

No comments: