Thursday, January 6, 2011

Toontown Antics – Second Anniversary

toontownantics_anniversary2 We’ve had a really hard year: very few rumors about the “Who Framed Roger Rabbit” upcoming sequel and another related projects by Robert Zemeckis, Disney and some other movie studios. Lack of fresh news that keep us excited until we can get something more substantious. And, in top of all, several persons who think Roger Rabbit is a forgotten character who should remain that way, since no one will be interested in a zany, wacky cartoon rabbit in a world dominated by 3D and CGI behemoths.

Despite all those issues, Toontown Antics is still here.

A couple of years is enough time for proving I’m doing the right stuff. Sure, I’ve had some slumps in my personal life and sometimes I feel like: “what the heck am I doing, since almost nobody is interested in Roger Rabbit and they rather go after Jessica?”. Anyway I’ve been stubborn enough to let this little, humble blog die and all my efforts to keeping it updated and running worth it. Totally worth it

Of course, I’ve had a lot of support from Alex: my co-blogger. He’s always there, searching for more Roger Rabbit related articles, drawings and stuff, and giving me his advice and kind words. Without him, Toontown Antics would be probably a dead project, and I really thank him for his time, patience and wisdom.

But, if you weren’t reading this, we wouldn’t have any reasons to celebrate. That’s why I want to thank all our visitors: frequents, casuals and anonymous. Friend or foes. Lovers or haters. Fans of Roger, Jessica, Eddie, Baby Herman, Judge Doom and the Weasels. Thanks to all of you, for your support and nice comments (and also thanks for all the times we’ve had arguments, why not?)

Thanks a lot for being part of Toontown Antics, since 2009.

2011 is the Year of the Rabbit, let’s go for it! =3

P.S. In case you’re wondering who’s the rabbit girl on the illustration, her name is Loretta Rabbit and you can read more about her in one of my earlier blog entries ;)

2 comments:

Alex. G said...

That was one well-written and most interesting post Bunnyfriend.
I have had a lotta hard times in my life as well, but luckily I have not lost interest in that wacky wabbit. In fact, it was watching WFRR that helped me get over a very bad depression recently.

Hopefully we'll see some more news about the sequel project this year since it seems it will really happen for real this time.

Fan Art n' Fun said...

Dear Bunnyfriend,

Everybody has their hard days. Best to find ways to let them out, or just drop an anvil on some one's head. XD.
Any way, Bunnyfriend, It's been a year or two since we've talked to each other.
Let's not fight anymore like that ever again.You'll have to understand, that I enjoy doing fan art of official characters out of character, and I apologize if I've hurt and/or offended you in any way. Hare's (here's)best of luck with Toon Town Antics and Toon Town blog, that I've forgotten the name of.

Toon Buddy,
Ginger (Spongefox)